Do you think it might help if you told us what you are hooking up to?
Hi,
Knoppix newbie. The Windows XP PC had it's network settings set to "Get IP & DNS address automatically".
But When I try to configure Knoppix via netcardconfig and say yes to DHCP it say resource temprarily unavailable?
Help me pls!!
What should the manual settings be?
zzapper
Do you think it might help if you told us what you are hooking up to?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Harry,
The Network is driven by a BT Voyager 240 Router which connects to Broadband.
From my Knoppix PC (Live CD) I and ping 127.0.0.1 OK but that's all
I have tried setting manual DNS, Gateway etc from netcardconfig
zzapper
OK, good. A router should set you up by DHCP and things should just work. Apparently that is not happening here but the problem should be resolvable.Originally Posted by zzapper
Meaningless. Pinging the loopback doesn't test the hardware at all. It would be much more useful to know what failed.Originally Posted by zzapper
So what happened? What settings did you try (and why did you select those values)? I can't tell you what the manual settings should be without knowing what your router's IP address is and what settings it normally is expected to hand out.Originally Posted by zzapper
So tell us what you are trying to use. Also tell us the results of typing ipconfig in your windows machine(s) at a command prompt, as well as what ifconfig is telling you under Knoppix.
If you have any nasty "security features" turned on in that router, like limiting access by MAC address or even by IP address, turn them off for now. I don't know if your router has these features or not, but many do and we have tracked down some problems to the router doing exactly what it had been told to do.
Can you ping the router's local IP address? Do you know the router's local IP address?
Harry,
I'm trying to write some info back to a windows directory
/media/hda1/temp/kxtrace.txt
but I'haven't got write access, where can I write to?
Dave
See answer #6 and think alternatives like flash drives and even floppies.Originally Posted by zzapper

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage 1983-87 Macintosh System Tools 3.5 Floppy Disk Version 2.0.1 690-6023-B
$38.00
Vintage Heritage Leather Laptop/Binder Bag W/ Calculator - All Original Mint Con
$32.00
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00