This is a general question about kernel upgrading. Suppose I want to upgrade 2.4.20,do I have to go thru 2.4.3 before going to 2.4.4 or I can go directly to the highest available upgrade kerenel or patch?
This is a general question about kernel upgrading. Suppose I want to upgrade 2.4.20,do I have to go thru 2.4.3 before going to 2.4.4 or I can go directly to the highest available upgrade kerenel or patch?
Which version of Knoppix are you using?
Do don't need to go through the different versions. Either apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.20 or download the source for 2.4.20 ( linux-2.4.20.tar.nz from kernel.org )
I am not doing any upgrade to my knoppix,still using "poor man's install". I meant this to be a general linux question.
Are kernel upgrades specific to distro? I mean for each distro having different procedures?
Yes, in debian it is apt-get install <new kernel>Originally Posted by bongski55
I take it you want to upgrade a different version of linux i.e. not Debian or Knoppix ?
Not decided yet on any distro. Have to admit I 'might' settle on Knoppix. I find it has the most active forum of all the distros. Evidence is the quick reply to this post.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07