-
bootfrom and home on same NTFS for Knoppix 5.0.1 CD
Hi all,
Using the bootfrom option makes it impossible to load a persistent home image when it is on the same NTFS partition as the iso file I'm booting from. This used to work on Knoppix 4.0.2, but fails on Knoppix 5.0.1 CD.
If I'm booting from CD, then loading the home image works fine. When I boot from the iso file, then I cannot even create the home image initially, which works when booting the CD.
Does anyone know of a solution/workaround? Is this a bug or is there an underlying reason for this? Might be related to the new FUSE libntfs module.
Thanks in advance
UPDATE:
Actually, some experimentation showed that after mounting any file on NTFS at boot-time (iso, image file), I don't have NTFS write access anymore. One could still mount the image read-write manually "after" the boot process is finished and write to other files on the same NTFS partition.
I'm not sure I like the new situation better, but hey, you get something, you give up another. Probably a restriction of the current ntfs driver implementation.
Similar Threads
-
By Laos in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
-
By knoppene in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
-
By bfree in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 05:16 AM
-
By Sgeo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard
$84.99