Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Adding Users to Remastered CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1

    Adding Users to Remastered CD

    I'm new to debian based linux, and I've been trying to add new users to the Knoppix CD before remastering the CD. But I cannot get the proper functionality for the users.

    For example, I'm creating a new user "knewuser" which I would like to be similar to the "knoppix" user, but with a password required on login. I want this user to be able to use "su" or "sudo" to do some admin work. I have created the user in the miniroot, and in KNOPPIX . I can log in as this user, but I cannot seem to get su or sudo to work for this user.

    I have edited groups (adding this user to the sudo group), and sudoers. It is a permissions problem, but I'm not sure where else to look. Can anyone shed light here?

    Regards

  2. #2
    Guest
    I've solved some of my problem. I got sudo to work, which gives me the functionality I need, but I still am having problems getting su to work.

    PAM still gives me:

    authentication failure; knewuser (uid=1001) -> root for su service

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I've solved some of my problem. I got sudo to work, which gives me the functionality I need, but I still am having problems getting su to work.

    PAM still gives me:

    authentication failure; knewuser (uid=1001) -> root for su service
    What did you do to get sudo to work?

    Regards,

  4. #4
    Stonent1
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I've solved some of my problem. I got sudo to work, which gives me the functionality I need, but I still am having problems getting su to work.

    PAM still gives me:

    authentication failure; knewuser (uid=1001) -> root for su service
    What did you do to get sudo to work?

    Regards,
    http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/man/sudoers.html

    Check the sudoers file and make sure that the user can su.

Similar Threads

  1. Adding a mouse driver to a remastered version
    By drasey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:34 PM
  2. adding users like knoppix
    By soulsurfer in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 02:15 PM
  3. Adding a new user, and files in users home
    By edfinegan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
  4. Remastered
    By Sammy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 07:41 AM
  5. adding users after hdinstall causes mouse to freeze
    By sufisuley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851 picture

Intel Core Ultra 9 285K 3.70GHz 24 Core SRQD5 24 Thread LGA 1851

$435.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$135.00



AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread picture

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X AM4 Processor- 3.7Ghz/4.3Ghz Boost, 8 Core/16 Thread

$125.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00