Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CD to HDD and back again

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Eveshit
    Posts
    11

    CD to HDD and back again

    Please forgive me with this question, I'm a newbie

    Is it possible to install knoppix to your hard drive, change everything you want (fonts, programs, display settings etc.) then put it back on bootable cd? I have knoppix installed on my hdd, I have it configured just the way I want it, now I wanna put it back onto a bootable cd but with my settings (then i can delete my hdd install). I have read all the other howto's on customising but they're all complicated (to me anyway ) and they don't explain howto do stuff like changing fonts etc.

    Could someone please reply a.s.a.p

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    75

    i think you would be better served if...

    I, on the other hand, have not put Knoppix on my HD... BUT... i would be willing to exchange ideas about re-mastering KNOPPIX if you would be able to answer some questions about a HDD install ( I have successfully made 3 different versions of knoppix for my use as a day-time PC repair tech. All while running knoppix from CD) let me know!

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Eveshit
    Posts
    11

    Installing to hard drive

    You wanna install to hard drive?

    1) Boot from CD
    2) Open Konsole
    3) Type # sudo su
    4) Type # knx-hdinstall
    5) Follow the instructions, it's pretty easy from there.


    I've given up with the hdd to cd thing, I'm remastering now, but I'm not very good, email me if you want

Similar Threads

  1. I'm Back...
    By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 05:35 AM
  2. How to get Alt-F2 back?
    By Craig2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
  3. How do i get back into KDE?
    By dtk in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
  4. get in by the back door
    By shayl6 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:39 PM
  5. I've broken KDE - how to get it back?
    By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2003, 02:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95 picture

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95

$119.99



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99