If I were you, I'd create:
On the 6 GB disk
/boot (about 128MB)
swap (2 times the size of your installed RAM)
/ (Fill the rest of the drive
On the 4 GB disk
/home
My filesystem of choice is ReiserFS, but ext3 is good too.
i have 2 hdds a 4gb and a 6gb. what would be the best way to set up partions?
please let me know they way you partioned you hdd.
If I were you, I'd create:
On the 6 GB disk
/boot (about 128MB)
swap (2 times the size of your installed RAM)
/ (Fill the rest of the drive
On the 4 GB disk
/home
My filesystem of choice is ReiserFS, but ext3 is good too.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99