They will be fine. KNOPPIX mounts and reads any windows file system. If you copy the files to CD, they will be intact and in an ISO 9660 (CD) format.
A friend's system crashed and we are going to reinstall Windows but before we do we want to backup some data files. I booted up into Knoppix 5.0.1 and was able to find the Windows folders using Konqueror. Now that I found the files I am going to try to copy them to a CD. What format will these files be in? Once I reinstall Windows, will I just be able to copy the files over straight from the CD?
They will be fine. KNOPPIX mounts and reads any windows file system. If you copy the files to CD, they will be intact and in an ISO 9660 (CD) format.
the files may not copy well to a CD. See my response at the end of the next topic. The files need to be massaged into the format for a CD and burned onto the CD. A USB hard drive or a network hookup to a computer with FAT32 drive is what I usually use.
Use k3b to burn the files to cd. It should read just fine in any late windows machine. Unless you change them, the files should be in their original formats.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99