-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
toppshatta
.... my modem does not have a built in router its a typical usb/ethernet adsl modem (starbridge pyxis 210)
I haven't looked the modem up (a little busy now), but I have no idea what is going on or how any of what you report is happening if the modem does not include a router and if you are not running any PPPoE software. All I know says that should not work at all. I think you should do some research on the modem. Of course, if it does include a router that still doesn't solve your main problem. I think that is because your broadcast address makes no sense at all. But I would need a better understanding of your hardware to give you a certain answer. 10.xx.xxx.xxx addresses are not usually used with class C size nets, but based on the 10 address that you showed and the mask that you showed I would try a broadcast address of 10.0.0.255. It makes sense that you would have problems after a few minutes if the ARP protocol breaks down, which it would with a bogus broadcast address.
Similar Threads
-
By Translash in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
-
By yuri refolo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
-
By EdT in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-28-2006, 07:00 PM
-
By the_isz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series
$250.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66

Vintage Jack Georges Leather Briefcase/Laptop Bag Made In USA
$275.00

Vintage Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade SP2 Service Pack 2
$40.00

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE
$350.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Dell Inspiron 8100 PP01X Windows XP Era Laptop for parts no HDD vintage READ
$89.95