-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: why does my install work while others are not?

Originally Posted by
podo
Harry what would be your choice for a hardrive install? I was thinking about trying fedora(newest verison).
I really don't care enough about it to track down the old discussions, but maybe the advice was less of "just give up" and more of "this wasn't really the right thing to do in the first place and there are lots of known problems with it that you are setting yourself up for".
There is no "right thing" for everyone to install. Some like Fedora. I have not looked at it but did try older Red Had versions and was not impressed, saw no reason to go after Fedora as Red Hat was trying to distance themselves from it. If you like Knoppix then I suggest at least looking at Debian, the distro that Knoppix is based on. I would suggest a Debian Etch (testing) net-install. But I am not saying that this is a better choice for you and your needs, whatever they are, than other Linux distros.
I will say that I can offer several reasons why it is a better choice than installing Knoppix, and I can't find a single reason to "install" Knoppix instead of Debian.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By kill_mickey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
-
By tibby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 02:33 PM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
-
By LLB34B in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 05:45 PM
-
By sevengraff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99