[19:45] Woolfenstien: I tried the knoppix noscsi option.
[19:45] Woolfenstien: It didn't work.
[19:45] ehntoo: same error?
[19:45] Woolfenstien: Exactly the same, on both CD and DVD version.
[19:46] ehntoo: I'm guessing your harddisk controller isn't supported, then.
[19:46] ehntoo: what kind of a motherboard do you have?
[19:46] Woolfenstien: A Winfast/Foxconn NF4UK8AA
[19:47] Woolfenstien: My hard disk type is SATA, btw.
[19:47] ehntoo: aye.
[19:47] Woolfenstien: And there are no SCSI devices on this box.
[19:48] ehntoo: linux handles SATA as SCSI.
[19:48] Woolfenstien: I have two old ATA133/IDE drives spare somewhere.
[19:48] Woolfenstien: But for some reason, neither like being maters.
[19:49] Woolfenstien: masters*
[19:49] ehntoo: hrm.
[19:49] ehntoo: some motherboards have that problem.
[19:49] ehntoo: what version of Knoppix is this?
[19:49] Woolfenstien: 4.02 on both CD and DVD
[19:50] ehntoo: hrm
[19:51] ehntoo: I haven't had a problem with my Nforce4 and knoppix on this machine...
[19:51] ehntoo: odd.
[19:51] Woolfenstien: I think this has Nforce 4 ultra or something.
[19:51] Woolfenstien: Let me dig out my booklet.
[19:51] ehntoo: mine's an ultra, but that really doesn't matter
[19:51] ehntoo: that just effects how fast the north bridge can talk to the processor.
[19:52] Woolfenstien: I see.
[19:52] ehntoo: I honestly have no clue... :\
[19:52] Woolfenstien:

[19:52] ehntoo: sorry.
[19:53] Woolfenstien: Might it be something wrong/incorrectly set in the BIOS?
[19:54] ehntoo: possibly
[19:54] ehntoo: but I haven't the slightest what it might be.
[19:54] ehntoo: ask on the knoppix forums, I guess
[19:55] Woolfenstien: Yeah, I'm searching right now.
[19:55] ehntoo: I've gotta run, though
[19:55] Woolfenstien: okay
[19:55] ehntoo: later.
[19:55] ehntoo: good luck.
[19:55] Woolfenstien: thanks for your help anyway.
[19:55] Woolfenstien: bye