Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kernel Upgrade question

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Kernel Upgrade question

    This is a general question about kernel upgrading. Suppose I want to upgrade 2.4.20,do I have to go thru 2.4.3 before going to 2.4.4 or I can go directly to the highest available upgrade kerenel or patch?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Which version of Knoppix are you using?

    Do don't need to go through the different versions. Either apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.20 or download the source for 2.4.20 ( linux-2.4.20.tar.nz from kernel.org )

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    I am not doing any upgrade to my knoppix,still using "poor man's install". I meant this to be a general linux question.

    Are kernel upgrades specific to distro? I mean for each distro having different procedures?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by bongski55
    I am not doing any upgrade to my knoppix,still using "poor man's install". I meant this to be a general linux question.

    Are kernel upgrades specific to distro? I mean for each distro having different procedures?
    Yes, in debian it is apt-get install <new kernel>

    I take it you want to upgrade a different version of linux i.e. not Debian or Knoppix ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Not decided yet on any distro. Have to admit I 'might' settle on Knoppix. I find it has the most active forum of all the distros. Evidence is the quick reply to this post.

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel upgrade 2.4 -> 2.6
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
  2. Newbie Upgrade question
    By kbhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:24 AM
  3. apt-get dist-upgrade question
    By dobell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 11:54 AM
  4. Evolution upgrade question
    By johnnygrend in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:49 PM
  5. kernel upgrade
    By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU picture

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU

$6998.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA picture

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA

$196.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99