-
Keyboard after boot not working.
Hi All,
I recently tried the latest knoppix (KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso) and cooked a CD so I could run Linux on a machine that has windows (ugh) on its HD at present. It got to the boot prompt and I could type "stuff", but once booted the mouse would not move and no keypresses had any effect (even the numlock key LED).
Even failsafe mode did not change the behaviour.
I googled for this problem but didn't turn up any results.
The machine is powered by an AMD 64 Athlon Dual core. Mouse and keyboard work fine with windows so I don't presume the hardware is faulty, The thing is its PS2 for both so I would have thought this should work out of the box!
Any advice?
James.
Similar Threads
-
By pkafogie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2009, 07:15 PM
-
By Daddycat in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2008, 06:19 AM
-
By mmm....beer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
-
By sambosch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-04-2005, 09:36 AM
-
By cyber_tim64 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49