-
Knoppix 4.0.2 on mobo Intel d975xbx
Hello,
I'm running a Quantian 0.7.9.2 distro based on Knoppix 4.0.2 and I'm having problems with the network card from my Intel d975xbx mother board.
Knoppix is not recognizing my network card (No supported network cards found).
I read intel's Linux* Base Driver for the Intel(R) PRO/1000 Family of Adapters
(http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-s...ENG/README.txt) and followed their steps.
I've managed to compile the new drivers, however I was not able to load it. I got error messages using both modprobe and insmod.
Load the module using either the insmod or modprobe command:
modprobe e100
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.12/kernel/drivers/net/e100/e100.ko
yield either
FATAL: Error inserting e100 (/lib/modules/2.6.12/kernel/drivers/net/e100/e100.ko): Invalid module format
Or
insmod: error inserting βinsmod /lib/modules/2.6.12/kernel/drivers/net/e100/e100.koβ: -1 Invalid module format
I would sincerelly appreciate if anyone could point me toward possible solutions to this problem.
Many thanks in advance,
JP
-
solution
Hello,
I found a solution.
THE PROBLEM
The kernel used in the Quantian distro was compiled using gcc-3.3, however when compiling the new driver it used gcc-4.0.
THE SOLUTION
In order to compile the e100 module properly a hat to correct that link by
"rm /usr/bin/gcc
ln /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 /usr/bin/gcc"
THEN ALL WORKED FINE
So here is my sequence for compiling e100 in knoppix 4.0.2:
"rm -f /usr/bin/gcc
ln /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 /usr/bin/gcc
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-3.3
make install
modproble e100
Cheers,
JP
Similar Threads
-
By MrGreen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
-
By boomboom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:56 AM
-
By gramster in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 08:27 AM
-
By RexBeans Explosion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By GuyFawkes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99