Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Changing IP Address.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    Changing IP Address.

    Hi,

    I have Q regarding IP Address, I want to change the IP address of my box, I did start the PC with Knoppix,opened a terminal went to /etc, but I couldn't find ifcfg-eth0. I use Fedora (I am a newbie) and I could change my IP from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 but I cann't find this for Konppix.
    I know that I can chane the IP from GUI, and I did it with result, but I would like to know Where exactly I can change the IP with in file maneger.

    Thanks,


    Shahin

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    /etc/network/interfaces

Similar Threads

  1. /dev/tty: No such device or address ?
    By dkennedy in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
  2. set IP address?
    By stry_cat in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 10:03 PM
  3. Changing the MAC Address
    By bab53c in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 06:10 PM
  4. How to get my IP address from knoppix
    By jenniferosterlau in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 06:40 AM
  5. Reconfiguring IP Address
    By koselan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED  picture

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED

$40.99