Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: still trying top get linksys wmp54g to work

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7

    still trying top get linksys wmp54g to work

    I posted once before witb much less information. Essentially, I'm trying to get a linksys wmp54g wireless card to work with knoppix. I've tried a few things and read several forum posts. I'm still lost. It may be I just don't know enough.
    - - - - - - - - -

    When I try to start knoppix 5.0.1 (CD - KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso) and it reaches the networking part, it says:

    eth0 detected
    dhcp broadcasting for ip
    udevd - event[3258]: wait for sysfs: waiting for 'sys/class/net/eth0/device/driver' failed

    Nothing seems to happen after that. I'm stuck.

    - - - - - - - -

    I tried starting with the nodhcp cheat code.

    It goes a little further, but the last thing I see is this

    probing/loading agp modules udevd_event[3391]: wait for sysfs: waiting for '/sys/c;ass/net/eth0/device/driver' failed.

    - - - - - - - - -

    So, I downloaded version 4.0.2 (CD - KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso)
    It also hangs if I start without the nodhcp code. Instead of returning an error, it just goes off and never returns.

    It does start with nodhcp.

    I tried some things I found in a forum

    I then run iwconfig eth0 essid "my ssid"
    That seems to work.

    iwconfig returns this

    lo no wireless extension

    eth0 RT2500 Wireliess ESSID: "My ssid"
    Mode managed Frequency=2.412GHz Bit Rate: 1mb/s
    RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Linkquality 0/100 Signal level=-120dbm noiselevel: -256dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx Invalid crypt:0 Rxinvalid frag: 0
    Tx Excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 beacon:0

    I try pump -i ath0.
    It hangs. No error. Nothing.

    I also tried configuring the network card from the knoppix menu to no avail. That ends up hanging.

    The relevant (I think) output from lspci -v is

    Network controller:Ralink Ralink RT2500 802.11 Cardbus Reference Card (rev 01)
    Subsystem:Linksys:unknown device 0032
    Flags:busmaster, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ=11
    memory at ea000000 (32 bit non prefetchable) [size=8k]
    capabilities:[40] powermanagement version 2

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1
    I have the same problem with WMP54G.

    A friend gave me a CD of Knoppix 3.9 recently. This is the Linux distro that operates entirely from the CD. It boots my PC, etc., but I can't reach the Internet. This is probably because I'm on a wireless setup. I CAN reach the Net if I plug into the router by cable.

    My wireless card is a Linksys WMP54G and the router is a Linksys WRT55AG.

    I went to some of the Knoppix forums which recommended some scripting, but since the OS isn't installed on the hard drive, but remains on the CD, you can't write any changes.

    I posted on Linksys' own forum, but no answers so far.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 5.1.0 and Linksys WMP54G
    By PaulE in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 07:51 AM
  2. 5.0.1 Linksys WMP54G (rt2500) booting weirdness
    By rlgoddard in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
  3. Boot hangs at dhcp - 5.0 and linksys wmp54g
    By CJWertz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:00 AM
  4. hangs with linksys wmp54g rt2500
    By szumi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
  5. Key Points to Make Linksys WMP-54G Work
    By ys0304 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99