-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't get online AT ALL with Motorola cable modem
I used to be able to get online with Knoppix, with no problems. First I started having problems when I used the "myconfig" cheat code, now I can't get online AT ALL with either version 3.7 or 5.0.1, even though I've deleted my configuration file from my hard drive.
I've run ifconfig and lspci, and here are the results.
RESULTS OF lspci -v
=================
0000:00:01.1 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 PCI Fast Ethernet (rev 82)
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100 Ethernet Adapter
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
Memory at cfff7000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4k]
Expansion ROM at cffc0000 [disabled] [size=128k]
Capabilities [40] Power Management version 2
RESULTS OF ifconfig -v
=================
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:22 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:22 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1100 (1.0 KiB) TX bytes:1100 (1.0 KiB)
The modem works fine with other Linux live-CD distros and with Windows, so this is a Knoppix-specific problem. Can somebody please explain what I need to do, in order to be able to get Knoppix working properly with my modem again? I've searched the internet till my fingers are numb, read books on Linux and recently bought a book on Knoppix, and none of these resources tells how to configure a cable modem connected via an Ethernet cable (since Knoppix has apparently decided it no longer knows how to do this automatically).
Any help would be appreciated very much.
Similar Threads
-
By gandalf1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
-
By Evilgabo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By Tron in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By illcuban in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 12:48 AM
-
By boris in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59