-
I too have not had any success getting my broadcom wireless to work with 5.0.1, where it worked flawlessly with 4.0.2.
I just saw a note in a different forum (quantian, which is a knoppix derivative) that may shed some light from a little different perspective.
The bottom line to the comment was that there was a gcc incompatibility between the kernel (5.0.1 version) and some of the modules / drivers that was causing the modules to not work.
The note went on to say that they took specific steps to rebuild the modules explicitly specifying gcc 3.3, and life was good after that.
Now, in my case, I did check the broadcom bcm43xx driver and strings bcm43xx.ko | grep -i gcc reports that the gcc used there was version 4.0. I am thinking that I might dive in and work through that, when I get a little more time.
This may well not be your specific problem, but perhaps worth a quick look.
Best Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By Lilt in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
-
By grant_vallance in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
-
By ebazz in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2007, 11:57 PM
-
By thellamafarm in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95