-
Junior Member
registered user
booting releases with Kernel 2.4 but not with Kernel 2.6
Hello,
now I am looking for a week for a soulution to get the actual Linux 5.1.1 (for download) to boot.
On normal (no lapop) computers of friends the CD is booting and all looks good.
I assume a coherence with the kernel-release or the changed starting procedure since Kernel release 2.6.
In the book "Linux Livesysteme" from Rainer Hattenhauer I found a hint, that since Knoppix 3.4 there a 2 different kernel releases for choice at starting Knoppix.
So I downloaded old releases from kernel.org-Mirror to test.
So I tested with old releases e.g. 3.7.
Release with Kernel 2.4.27 bootet well (also in expert mode)
(I always use the option: 2 vga=normal undependent weather starting with "knoppix"or "expert")
In the same Knoppix-Release (same CD) - it is possible to sart the release with Kernel 2.6.x with the instruction "knoppix26" or "expert26"
if I use the "2 vga=normal"
I get the following message - an after that there is no more reaction.
Loading linux26...........
Loading minirt26.gz.....
Ready.
With the new realease 5.1 the message is
Loading linux...............
Loading minirt.gz.........
Ready.
This looks interresting, because in above book there is a information:
"The booloader isolinux will be controlled with the config file linuxrc, which is in a compressed Mini-Root-System named miniroot.gz (or if different releases miniroot24.gz or miniroot26.gz).
But now I have no idea what I can do.
I have tested much cheatcode-combinations.
But I not very experienced with the differences between the kernel releases. Maybe there is anyone who has looked at the source and knows the differences.
I would be very thankful vor every help.
Regards
The_idealist100
Similar Threads
-
By ddp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
-
By mrbizz8 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2008, 03:46 AM
-
By hasso v. reckowsky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2006, 08:53 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 03:02 AM
-
By fabioxa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00