-
Compaq Presario 12XL125
I have successfully completed a hdinstall of the KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN.iso on my Compaq Presario 12XL125, no problems whatsoever. Specs include:
AMD K6-2 533 MHz
192 MB (PC100 SDRAM)
Trident Blade AGP 4 MB (Shared)
13.3 in. TFT active matrix (1024x768 @ 24-bit)
6x DVD-ROM
Via Onboard Audio
-
Acer TravelMate 234 LC is running Knoppix 3.2 (danish version from 'tyge.sslug.dk/knoppix' from april) when booting 'knoppix noapic'.
Hd install also ok - then the linux boot entry in lilo.conf must contain the noapic kernel option.
Have not not tried USB and modem yet. The rest works ok.
Knoppix is really a nice thing. Just tell your pc vendor that you won't buy before he has booted the machine successfully with the latest knoppix 
/Claus
-
I've got a Compaq Presario 710US, 1GHz, 256mb, Ethernet, DVD, running Windows XP. I want to dual-boot with Linux, and was originally going to use Red Hat, but someone suggested Knoppix. Anyone know what problems I might face or willing to give me some extra info?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
DaHoffermn
I've got a Compaq Presario 710US, 1GHz, 256mb, Ethernet, DVD, running Windows XP. I want to dual-boot with Linux, and was originally going to use Red Hat, but someone suggested Knoppix. Anyone know what problems I might face or willing to give me some extra info?
Enter your machine model number into G4L and see what you can learn. Enter it here in the search field too. Then you pretty much just need to boot Knoppix and see what happens. That's the beauty of Knoppix- you don't have to install anything before you try it. Compaq's can be a little temperamental as I understand it.
-
With a Compaq Evo N1050v, Knoppix works fine
-
Just setup a dual boot Knoppix/XP laptop on a Averatec 3150HS Notebook computer.
The sound isn't working, but I'm sure I can fix that. AND, I'm glad that QTParted came with Knoppix because Partition Magic wasn't doing its magic with NTFS.
Here is a URL that has more info about this laptop
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/sotec3123x.html
-
It works fine for me on KDS Valiant 671XH, 20 GB HD, 512 MB RAM, DVD/CD-RW (I haven't yet tried to burn any CD's), but I can't figure out how to get a password to change the date and time; nor how to make my wonderful Logitech Trackman Portable (3 button; PS/2) work!
-
I have a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S173 and Knoppix works right off the bat. I just have to change:
xkbset bouncekeys 20
xkbset slowkeys 20
xkbset -bell
and set up my orinoco wifi card.
After that, everything works fine!
-
Three Working on Knoppix
For whoever is compiling a list:
Compaq Presario 1700N
- 700MHz PIII
- 128MB RAM
Toshiba Satellite 1555CDS
- 380MHz AMD K6-2
- 190MB RAM
These two work, no codes; you may want to manually set the res on the Toshiba to 1024x600, just because it has a weird display adapter.
Powerbook G4 550MHz (For the guy who mentioned Mac. ^_^)
- 550MHz G4
- 1028MB RAM
- Virtual PC 6 Emulator
Erm. See my post on this one. It's trippy, but it works.
-
hay it work with my toshiba .
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99