Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 191

Thread: List of Successful Laptops

  1. #71
    Installed 3.2 on a Toshiba p15-s409......quick, simple install. Everything works, except the integrated 802.11g, and I'm sure my lack of knowledge or lack of time, lately, is adding to that. I've tried the madwifi driver and have looked at the linuxant driver, but I think that it is the wrong chipset. I guess that I will give it time. Otherwise....Knoppix is great.....it is the 4th distribution I put on this laptop.....and the first with which I'm entirely pleased.

  2. #72
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    installed knoppix 3.3 (updated with script from http://kano.mipooh.net/kernel/ to include ACPI and taking to kernel 2.4.23), it works in my system: IBM Thinkpad R40e.
    but now, the special buttons do not work (it worked properly in the original version of Knoppix 3.3, i.e. kernel 2.4.22 but no ACPI)

    :

  3. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3
    I got Knoppix 3.3 11-14-2003 working on a thinkpad 770x. I had to use 1280x1024 to get the exact lcd settings. Alsa sound does not work.I got OSS sound using the CS4232 driver with this settings io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 . I alsa installed it successfully. APM suspend works . I could hibernate using redisafe feature of thinkpads.

  4. #74
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19
    Just a quick note about my success so far with Knoppix 3.3 on Acer Travelmate 230XC.

    After changing the default allocation of memory for the video (in BIOS) from 1MB to 8 MB, it boots cleanly, no cheatcodes necessary, to 1024x768 resolution.

    With these two exceptions, everything else works

    Realtek 8139 NIC not working (although it seems to know it is there)
    i810 sound is detected, but fails to load (similar problems with alsa as well)

  5. #75
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by coltrane
    Just a quick note about my success so far with Knoppix 3.3 on Acer Travelmate 230XC.

    After changing the default allocation of memory for the video (in BIOS) from 1MB to 8 MB, it boots cleanly, no cheatcodes necessary, to 1024x768 resolution.

    With these two exceptions, everything else works

    Realtek 8139 NIC not working (although it seems to know it is there)
    i810 sound is detected, but fails to load (similar problems with alsa as well)
    Update: realtec 8139 NIC works fine if I add the 'noapic' cheatcode when booting

  6. #76

    working on a ecs desknote A928 - 15" lcd, p4A 1,6ghz 512kb cache (overclokked)@1712mhz

    no problem at all

  7. #77
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15
    I am posting this from an Ace TravelMate 340T with 128MB, using a USB keyboad, currently running Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-03-EN.

    On boot, it behaves a little oddly -- I just hit the enter key at the boot prompt, but it tells me that I have entered an invalid video mode and demands that I tell it whether it should boot up 80x25 etc., ignoring that and hitting enter a few more times makes it bring up X11 correctly. Ethernet is working, sound is working, so is USB. (The regular keyboard works fine as much as it ever would, but the spacebar is broken, which is why I'm using a USB keyboard instead.)

    It has a built-in winmodem, don't know if it would work or not (I may try it in a few weeks when I have more time).

  8. #78
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    I've got Knoppix 3.3 working on a Toshiba Satellite 2710XDVD, PIII-500 with 192MB memory.
    The only needed cheat is vsync=60 to get from 800x600 to the full 1024x768 screen.
    It recognised the PCMCIA network and memory cards fine.
    Still have to test the USB Freecom CD burner

  9. #79
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    france
    Posts
    18
    perfect on an HP XE3 Celeron.. everything works w/o any cheat codes..
    audio, modem, video, dvd, usb, tv out etc..

    Happy hacking,
    Bill

  10. #80
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    Fujitsu-Seimens Amilo - D

    Nothing to say except everything WORKS!!!!
    no cheat codes needed !!!!
    How I wish I had USB2 !!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix sources.list repository incomplete list.
    By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
  2. ACPI it's not just for laptops.
    By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
  3. Successful install
    By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
  4. Anybody been successful formatting w/ xfs?
    By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
  5. What Laptops run Knoppix?
    By mithrill in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y picture

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y

$699.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30* picture

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*

$785.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00