Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 191

Thread: List of Successful Laptops

  1. #141
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18

    emachines M5312

    works great.
    i've tried both 3.4 and 3.6 hdinstalls and both work fine.

    the wireless card is not detected.. and i have not tried the modem, but the 10/100 Nic works fine.

    also, to get full use of the wide screen, you have to add "1280x800" to each of the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 resolution lines ...


    after a simple reboot, i have full wide-screen with full resolution!!

    ohh yeah

  2. #142
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    Acer Travelmate alpha 550

    I am running knoppix 3.4 c't edition on an Acer Travelmate alpha 550 and like it a lot! It works best with the following cheatcodes:

    knoppix nopcmcia screen=1400x1050 xmodule=savage

    * with pcmcia autodetection it will not start and since I do not use any pcmcia hardware it works fine without...
    * I bought the travelmate with high resolution 15 inch display, thats why I need the screen=1400x1050 option
    * using xmodule=savage gives the final display boost so divx movies don't shake while beeing played
    * sound only plays on very low volume level compared to windows output... putting alsa cheatcode doesn't help... anyone knows how to fix this?
    *I never tried the built-in modem using linux nor my usb-adsl modem "octal a360" which supposedly works if you know how
    * my firewire disk works fine if I conect it before starting knoppix

  3. #143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Compaq Presario 2100 - Knoppix 3.6

    Everything works on Compaq Presario 2100 using at boot:
    knoppix acpi=off
    or
    knoppix26 acpi=off

    Wireless and modem not tested!!

    knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ cat /etc/knoppix-version
    3.6 2004-08-16

  4. #144
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1
    Gateway SOLO 1450
    Knoppix 1.7
    I'm using the cheat codes: knoppix nodma vga=normal

    At first I wasn't able to boot. I was getting some errors with the video. When I used vga=normal that got rid of the error, but then the screen when blank. I refreshed my screen with the FN & LCD/CRT button and I got a bunch of text saying errors with the IO and loads of other stuff. Then I tried using noapictd with the same result. Then I tried using nodma and wala! It worked. Hope this helps anyone out here with the same problem.

  5. #145
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    douglasville GA
    Posts
    8

    HP pavilion n7153

    hey , i'm new to linux, even tho I run debian redhat 9.0 and 7.3 on my servers ( I pay a guy to help out)

    I finally got knoppix installed on my latop and got the wireless working with and acx100 netopia wireless card

    yay!

  6. #146

    passport 2100

    i have a aston didital passport 2100 and it boots off the CD just fine.

  7. #147
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    13

    Toshiba P25-S520, Knoppix 3.7

    It works with Knoppix 3.7/HDD install. Please see my message on this page:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...16223&start=10

    Tom

  8. #148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1

    ibm x20

    I tried knoppix 3.7 successful on an ibm x20. I used the 2.6 kernel.
    everything worked out of the box including WLAN.

    greetings, gerhard

  9. #149
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    The gateway M275 boots from disk but so far hasnt detected the wireless card.

  10. #150

    emachines M5410

    Emachines M5410 works fine in most cases... so far, i haven't got the widescreen support fully working.. sound doesn't work, it would be my next target wireless isn't working either.. other than that, everything else works fine

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix sources.list repository incomplete list.
    By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
  2. ACPI it's not just for laptops.
    By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
  3. Successful install
    By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
  4. Anybody been successful formatting w/ xfs?
    By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
  5. What Laptops run Knoppix?
    By mithrill in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99