Works fine on Compaq EVO 1020V
Needs
knoppix noscsi
code on Dell Inspiron 2650
Fujitsu i-book 4177
500mhx celeron
192mb
4mb ati rage 128
I run win2k and redhat 8 on the hard drive.
I boot with the codes
knoppix fb800x600 xvrefresh=60
Someone asked how to change cursor themes earlier. I made a ~/.icons directory and put the folders of a silver cursor theme in there and it worked fine for that user. Here's the theme I used from kde-look.org
http://www.kde-look.org/content/prev...ile=5533-1.jpg
I also had to edit /etc/X11/XSession.d/45xsession and add .icons to the list of inital profiles copied to the $USER's home before x is started for it to work in my remastered cd.
Works fine on Compaq EVO 1020V
Needs
knoppix noscsi
code on Dell Inspiron 2650
Used v3.2-2003-07-26-EN on Dell Inspiron 4000 without problems (512 Mb RAM, 8mb ATI Mobility 3 video card).
Knoppix 3.2 runs great on Compaq 2811EA.
Some minor problems:
- Xmms freezes. It seems that sound isn't working. But it works on FrozenBubble game.
- Microsoft Explorer mouse work, but it clicks even when i'm not using it. Very strange.
- Touchpad works!![]()
- My cablemodem works!![]()
Try in a console window ps xa | grep arts find the number it returns for the artsd sound daemon and then in the console window kill number_of_process and XMMS should now work.Originally Posted by filipedinis
Try in a console window ps xa | grep arts find the number it returns for the artsd sound daemon and then in the console window kill number_of_process and XMMS should now work.[/quote]
I'l try that later. Thanks.
Toshiba Tecra S1 (centrino)
works fine, find everything, no real problems except wireless, then again, we all know that intel is /supposed/ to come out with drivers for linux for it. pesonally iswitched to knoppix to be able to experience some linux, and wardrive/wep crack with better tools. and was dissapointed the the most nessicary component doens't work. no one's fault (possibly intel's) but i'm gonna go pick up a orinoco gold and external antenna instead.
usb thumb drive to store my home...had some strange issues with it, but reformatting it fixed it(although i lost some config's)
~Eric Betts
my compaq presario 900 laptop got linux running without a problem.
it was impossible to install redhat but as soon as i tried knoppix everything worked. booting off the cd i had to use the nousb cheat but thats about it.
the only complaint i have is that there is no 3d accelleration for my ati mobility UI vidcard.
I too got Knoppix working with the nousb cheat on my Compaq 900Z - then I actually got the conexant modem working after a hard drive install - no If I could just get 3d acelleration, I'd dump winblows forever! Any ideas when #Da will be available?Originally Posted by blahblahblah
I have IBM T40 with the Intel Pro/Wireless card it boots into Knoppix jsut fine but the wi-fi doenst work. If anyone knows how to get that to werk THANK YOU!!!!
-n00b

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$600.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
SK Hynix HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN 32GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM
$329.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SAMSUNG 128GB (4x32GB) M393A4K40BB1-CRC4Q RAM DDR4-2400T RDIMM ECC Memory
$666.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50