-
I got 3.4 working on my Sony Vaio FX220 laptop with CPU Pentium 750 Mhz and 120MB RAM. It detected my school network easily and I could configure my external USB mouse and USB thumbdrive. I have not tested the modem yet though. Some of the websites say that my comp has a winmodem. I will resolve that when I have some free time.
Here are the summary of steps I took:
Used the knoppix-installler instead of knx-hdinstall script to do the install.
In the LILO dialog box I opted for Overwrite MBR (I was really scared that it will mess up my other OS.. but it did not)
Knoppix rocks!
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99