knoppix 3.7 works on Compaq Armada M700 with no modifications needed.Also works after HD install
Not tested modem as I'm using LAN connection.
IBM TP 770 works (except for the soundcard). Even my pcmcia 56k winmodem works!
knoppix 3.7 works on Compaq Armada M700 with no modifications needed.Also works after HD install
Not tested modem as I'm using LAN connection.
Gateway 3520 with all the bells and whistles(new) Knoppix 3.8 on HD dual boot with XP
wireless, ethernet, modem ok.
Gives a sound/kernel error but sound OK!
Knoppix 3.6 works well on my laptop...had a few issues getting the wireless card and usb flash card to function though, but got that squared away. Works beautifully... Sometimes it's nice being a newbie![]()
I am having a problem with the battry of my new Fujistu Siemens Amilo 7405 lab top. Every few minutes it shows that the time lift is 0 and restart X. This happens with Knoppix 3.8 and Kanotix 2005-2 while using IWP2200 wireless. However, It runs fine with WinXP. Any idea how to fix it?
RoverBook Nautilus E410W is just fine with Knoppix 3.9
Have not tried to run modem or WiFi.
I try to install Knoppix version 3.9 EN to my Fujistu-Siemens E Series Lifebook E4010.
It's fine,can detect my sound card and I'm happy with working on screen resolution at
1024 x 768, and wireless connection is seems fine (It's can be detect but I can't access to any website ^^;; , anybody know how to config it ?, I already set the proxy server and with that proxy server my WindowXP can work well )
I also have some problem about my modem it's not detect and I can't find any modem driver too, anybody know how should I config or find the driver online ?![]()
Thank you![]()
About my Knoppix, it's perfect right now !
Thanks,
Iceclover =)
![]()
Hi there, just a quick post here. I am running knoppix on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo k7600 and it runs just fine.
I just posted in a couple of forums I frequent using an old Panasonic ToughBook with no h/d and little ram. I saved some configuration files from my Debian install on my Toshiba, booted Knoppix 3.7 on the ToughBook, copied the files to the correct directories and plugged in my cell phone. "pppd call verizon", started elinks and I was online. Knoppix is great!

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99