Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 191

Thread: List of Successful Laptops

  1. #161
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8
    I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.

  2. #162
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan
    I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.
    That's the same with mine.
    I have a Compaq Presario 2825EA: P4-M (1,9Ghz), 512DDR-RAM, 40GB HDD and a graphic-card with ATI Mobitility Radeon 7500.
    You must do following to set the resolution: knoppix screen=1400x1050. Then you save your configuration on a partition with fat32 and restart the laptop.
    Now you can type in: knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda6 for example and it should work.

    I've used Knoppix 3.9, 4.0 & 4.0.2 (CD & DVD Version) and it worked fine ^-^

  3. #163
    succesfully worked on Compaq Presario 2500
    512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, 2,8Ghz
    ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 340M

  4. #164
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3
    Running excellent on an hp nx9010

  5. #165
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58

    Laptops compatable With Knoppiz

    My machine is an HP Pavilion ze4500 w AMD 2400CPU and 1024 Ram After three tries I finally got the 4.2DVD to load to the HD. With the exception of a couple of programs and the dratted winmodem So far it all seemsto work. had one mysterious crash early on but nothing since. Oh, QParted did not work so I did the partitioning w/sfdisk Good tool.

    In my hand, I Remain~
    Captain Cautious.

  6. #166
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1

    LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000

    LiveCD detects everything ... wireless card ... LAN ... touchpad ...

    The only problem I have is that I am unable to change the resolution to a widescreen resolution (1280*800), not even with the cheatcodes ... the max resolution I can use is 1024*768

    oh yah ... my display doesnot come back if I close the lid and reopen it ... any advice??

    Havent installed to hard disk ...


    ______

    P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??

  7. #167
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000

    Quote Originally Posted by spacewarp
    P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
    Either:
    • Multiple CD/DVD drives (not an option most laptop users have)

      or

      With enough RAM memory, use the toram cheat code to load the entire CD into memory. (Again not an option everyone has).

  8. #168
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000

    Quote Originally Posted by spacewarp
    P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
    or you boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
    Cheers, Gilles

  9. #169
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    8
    My Compal DL70 works in KNOPPIX 4.0.1 with its Mobility Radeon X600, but I get 1024x768 instead of 1680x1050. That's probably due to the xfree86 Radeon driver not supporting my card. I'm typing this in KANOTIX 2005.4 RC3 Full, where xorg's ati driver supports my resolution.

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5

    Toshiba Equium M50-192

    Knoppix runs just fine straight from the DVD, which is a relief as I have tried 3 other distros and had no joy at all.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix sources.list repository incomplete list.
    By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
  2. ACPI it's not just for laptops.
    By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
  3. Successful install
    By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
  4. Anybody been successful formatting w/ xfs?
    By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
  5. What Laptops run Knoppix?
    By mithrill in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99