-
10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
#161
I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.
-
10-22-2005, 11:38 AM
#162
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
danielsan
I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.
That's the same with mine.
I have a Compaq Presario 2825EA: P4-M (1,9Ghz), 512DDR-RAM, 40GB HDD and a graphic-card with ATI Mobitility Radeon 7500.
You must do following to set the resolution: knoppix screen=1400x1050. Then you save your configuration on a partition with fat32 and restart the laptop.
Now you can type in: knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda6 for example and it should work. 
I've used Knoppix 3.9, 4.0 & 4.0.2 (CD & DVD Version) and it worked fine ^-^
-
11-12-2005, 08:09 PM
#163
succesfully worked on Compaq Presario 2500
512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, 2,8Ghz
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 340M
-
12-22-2005, 01:39 AM
#164
Running excellent on an hp nx9010
-
12-23-2005, 07:39 PM
#165
Laptops compatable With Knoppiz
My machine is an HP Pavilion ze4500 w AMD 2400CPU and 1024 Ram After three tries I finally got the 4.2DVD to load to the HD. With the exception of a couple of programs and the dratted winmodem So far it all seemsto work. had one mysterious crash early on but nothing since. Oh, QParted did not work so I did the partitioning w/sfdisk Good tool. 
In my hand, I Remain~
Captain Cautious.
-
12-24-2005, 02:04 AM
#166
LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000
LiveCD detects everything ... wireless card ... LAN ... touchpad ...
The only problem I have is that I am unable to change the resolution to a widescreen resolution (1280*800), not even with the cheatcodes ... the max resolution I can use is 1024*768
oh yah ... my display doesnot come back if I close the lid and reopen it ... any advice??
Havent installed to hard disk ...
______
P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
-
12-24-2005, 03:37 AM
#167
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000

Originally Posted by
spacewarp
P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
Either:
- Multiple CD/DVD drives (not an option most laptop users have)
or
With enough RAM memory, use the toram cheat code to load the entire CD into memory. (Again not an option everyone has).
-
12-26-2005, 07:41 AM
#168
Re: LiveCD works on Dell Inspiron 6000

Originally Posted by
spacewarp
P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
or you boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Cheers, Gilles
-
12-28-2005, 01:14 AM
#169
My Compal DL70 works in KNOPPIX 4.0.1 with its Mobility Radeon X600, but I get 1024x768 instead of 1680x1050. That's probably due to the xfree86 Radeon driver not supporting my card. I'm typing this in KANOTIX 2005.4 RC3 Full, where xorg's ati driver supports my resolution.
-
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
#170
Toshiba Equium M50-192
Knoppix runs just fine straight from the DVD, which is a relief as I have tried 3 other distros and had no joy at all.
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99