-
01-16-2006, 12:38 PM
#171
Re: Toshiba Equium M50-192
Yep, no problem on the Equim M50, Mandriva 2005/2006 also no problems

Originally Posted by
chadlongstaff
Knoppix runs just fine straight from the DVD, which is a relief as I have tried 3 other distros and had no joy at all.
-
02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
#172
I can add the Compaq M2105US to the list of ones Knoppix runs well on. It booted right up with the cd in about the same time XP takes. Of course it is faster than XP since it is running in a ramdrive. And I have access to the ntfs drive. Great so far. :P
Wireless Broadcom 802.11g was not activated. I got a test load of linuxant drloaderdriver program and that brought the wireless online. All in "live" mode. I expect of course that the wireless linuxant will go away when I reboot without a persistent hard drive installed. I did save configuration to an Ipod as a USB drive.
Now, I also tried the ndiswrapper configuration but it did not recognize the bcmwl5.inf file but the linuxant did. Any ideas why not? I expect I could use that for the wireless without the linuxant if I could get ndiswrapper to recognize the .inf file.
Only current issue besides that is a key bounce issue which I expect is the key select speed that is too sensitive so it is duplicating keys too quickly and easily.
-
02-23-2006, 06:02 PM
#173
I'm using iAcer Aspire 3002NCLi I have no problem booting to knoppix 4.0.2 The only that's not working is;
1.WIFI is not working
2.Batttery Meter
I try to boot using knopppix 3.72, unsuccessful due to the SIS chipset.
-
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
#174
Junior Member
registered user
i have a japanese oem nec versapro va90j 900mhz piii laptop that's been pretty cranky with letting anything install.
so far i have only been able to get minimal functionality from knoppix (i can get online and browse), but sound, usb ports, and the integrated nic don't work (among other things). of note, however, is that if i perform a tohd, i am able to burn cd's ... which proved to be a priceless commodity.
i tried slackware 10.2 (which failed to allow the pkgtool to work. midnight commander worked but it's a bit too powerful for an idiot like myself to dink with), debian 3.1 (which won't boot after install), and fedora core 4 (which fails even to initialize the install).
the only distribution i've installed so far which worked was breezy badger ubuntu (5.10). of note however, is that upon installing kubuntu-desktop it broke. too bad gnome's 1024x768 res looks like 800x600.
my laptop doesn't like kde, and i have a huge stack of install cd's to prove it ... lol
-
03-11-2006, 10:08 AM
#175
good to go on Dell Latitude D600
ive got a corp Dell Latitude D600 with winxp - and so far knoppix is running fine, network is good, picked up my devices, lovin it......
also ..battery meter works, as well as wifi -
-
03-16-2006, 02:28 PM
#176
Sony VAIO VGN-A250 WinXP Home SP2
Booted with no codes. Surfed the Net and access my LAN, straight out of the box. Amazing
-
03-17-2006, 05:53 AM
#177
GATEWAY CX2608 Convertible Tablet Notebook
I have absolutely no problem running Knoppix on my brand new Gateway laptop. I can also mount/dismount the flash USB drive with no problem.
_______________________________________
GATEWAY CX2608 Convertible Tablet Notebook -
Intel Pentium M Processor 740, 1.73GHz, with Centrino Technology, 512MB RAM, 60GB Hard Drive, 14-inch Widescreen WXGA TFT Display, DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive, Integrated Wireless, 5 in 1 Card Reader, Windows XP Tablet 2005
_______________________________________
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Pentium M Processor
Processor Number: 740
Processor Speed: 1.73 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Mobile Technology: Centrino
L2 Cache Size: 2 MB
Memory Speed: PC2-4200 (533MHz)
Memory Technology: DDR2-SDRAM
Installed Memory: 512 MB
Maximum Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 60 GB
Drive Controllers: IDE (Ultra ATA/DMA)
Rotational Speed: 5400 RPM
CD-RW Write Speed: 24 X
CD-RW Rewrite Speed: 24 X
CD-RW Read Speed: 24 X
DVD Read Speed: 8 X
Additional Drives: DVD/CD-RW Combo
Sound Support: Digital Audio (16-bit)
Video Chipset Brand: Intel
Video Chipset: Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900
Shared Video RAM (Max): 128 MB
Resolution: 1280 x 768
Display Size: 14.0 in
Display Type: Active Matrix LCD (TFT)
Port Connectors: • 3 USB 2.0 Ports
• 1 VGA External Connector
• 1 IEEE 1394 port
• Audio - Microphone In
• Audio - Headphone / Audio Out
• 1 RJ-11 Modem
• 1 RJ-45 Ethernet LAN
• 1 Port Replicator Connector
Card Slots: Memory Stick
Memory Stick Pro
Secure Digital(SD)/MMC
xD-Picture Card
(1) Type II / Type I CardBus
Network Support: Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps)
Wireless Protocol: 802.11g
Modem Speed: 56 Kbps
Input Devices: Keyboard
Touchpad
Number of Batteries: 1
Installed Operating System: Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005
Included Software: Productivuty Software:
• Microsoft® OneNote 2003
• Microsoft® Works 8.0
• Microsoft® Money 2005
• Microsoft® Encarta Online
• Adobe® Acrobat® ReaderTM 7
• Microsoft® Experience Pack for Tablet PC
• Microsoft® Education Pack for Tablet PC
Digital Media Software:
• Microsoft Windows Media Player 10
• Microsoft® Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 (with 60-day Digital Image Standard 2006 Trial)
• CyberLink® PowerDVD
• Nero 6 Suite
• RealNetworks RealPlayer®
• Quicktime
Gateway Internet Security Shield:
• Norton Internet SecurityTM 2005 (90-day complimentary trial)
• McAfee Anti-SpyWare 2005 (30-day complimentary trial)
• Gateway BigFix®: Identifies and resolves problems that affect the system before they occur
Height: 1.4 in
Width: 13.6 in
Depth: 11.1 in
Weight: 6.9 lbs
-
04-02-2006, 05:34 PM
#178
-
04-02-2006, 05:43 PM
#179
Nice work 

Originally Posted by
-Spaceman-ccherino
I have succesfully booted
knoppix 4.0 CD-LIVE on my
ACER ASPIRE 1692 WMLI
Centrino 1,73 GHz, 512 Ram, 80 giga HDD.
Just have to
type failsafe before booting.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
URRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
You don't believe how happy I am !
I spent hours and hours trying UbuntuLive 5.10 with the help of the italian forum but didn't make it to run Xorg so i had to do everything through command line. And that didn't work either.
I've to rescue some datas from my Windoz crash....
F.
-
08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
#180
Similar Threads
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 23
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 PM
-
By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 06-19-2003, 08:18 AM
-
By mithrill in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99