Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: network error (unknown host) on Knoppix 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4

    network error (unknown host) on Knoppix 4.0.2

    Hello,

    I'm having some problems with my internet connection on my Knoppix 4.0.2 (I have similar problems with my Ubuntu 6.0.2).

    Basically I'm able to search google, but whenever I click on the links of the search results, I get the same error message:

    An error occurred while loading http://www........
    Unknow host www.........

    I've noticed several posts on different forums relating similar problems, however I could not find a solution for my problem in any of them.

    Any help will be much appreciated,

    JP

    PS: I'm connected to the internet through a D-LINK 714p+. I have another machine running Linux (Kanotix) and it works fine, and the same machine when running windows XP also works fine.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    This sounds like a DNS problem, although how you get to Google in the first place if that is the problem is not clear. Maybe you are just getting a lot of old links in Google that are no longer valid? Does this only happen for Google links? Can you get to and use Knoppix.net OK when running Knoppix?
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4
    Hello,
    Yes it was a DNS configuration problem.
    I mistakenly wrote the secondary DNS before the primary DNS, once I reverted the order Google started to work.
    Many thanks for the suggestion.
    Cheers,
    JP

Similar Threads

  1. Hard Drive Unknown Error
    By cha0sunity in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:34 PM
  2. Host Name Resolution Not Working Knoppix 5.1.1
    By solutiondev in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
  3. dial-up ics with knoppix as host/winxp as client
    By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
  4. hda: host protected area after Knoppix-3.3 ????
    By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic 128K Game Pack 5 On New 400K Double Density Disk picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic 128K Game Pack 5 On New 400K Double Density Disk

$39.99



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW picture

Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW

$71.99



Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse picture

Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse

$995.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K  Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse  picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse

$1799.99