-
5.0.1 Flash, HD and persistent disk image, Realtek driver
Hello, I am using knoppix 5.0.1 on usb device and I ran into some problems that I will mention here.
First, I have a 10G quantum fireball HD that shows up as "Unknown (ext3)" when the configure persistent home scripts are run. I can create the image on the device but it is never loaded on startup. I used home=scan home=/dev/hdc1 home=/dev/hdc1/knoppix.img and nothing. I would like to inspect startup logs and look for errors but I don't know where they are. Someone said /var/log but these files are empty. Qtparted has no problems with this drive. edit myconfig option will load the home image file.
I play monopoly at games.com using flash 7 & Firefox, in 4.0.2 everything is fine but with 5.0.1 names on buttons don't appear and the popup info bubbles are realy small with nothing in them.
When I run the realtek audio install script , it tells me there are no sound cards after probing for them. I cannot find a compile error report, but the last error that flashed on the screen was 'failed' modules still loaded', then "No supported PnP or PCI cards found". I noticed it compiles alsa 1.0.9 and knoppix has 1.0.11, maybe I will try uninstall alsa first then run realtek install. edit: don't do this.
Aside from that I have run this version for about a week now and it has no other problems... i do notice the nvidia driver for my card was included, (my thanks to whoever does these things) in 4.0.2 the nvidia driver was conflicting with another program and the monitor suspend mode was being called even though the monitor was already suspended... I consider this thrashing my hardware and now I'm in the habit of pushing the power button instead. I will test this version after my next restart.
Similar Threads
-
By brian3.parker in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
-
By Rene in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2007, 10:07 AM
-
By rspiteri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
-
By bin_aries in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2006, 05:07 AM
-
By martynguk2002 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99