Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE Panel from chroot

  1. #1

    KDE Panel from chroot

    Hello everybody,
    I am customizing Knoppix cd 4.02, I removed OO but a button still appears in the KDE Panel. I'd like to remove it, but i don't know which files I have to modify... I'd prefer doing this textually from the chrooted environment, because i have some problems using xnest... Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: KDE Panel from chroot

    Quote Originally Posted by alberto.orlandini
    Hello everybody,
    I am customizing Knoppix cd 4.02, I removed OO but a button still appears in the KDE Panel. I'd like to remove it, but i don't know which files I have to modify... I'd prefer doing this textually from the chrooted environment, because i have some problems using xnest... Thanks
    From my quick test, correct file seems to be .kde/share/config/kickerrc in your home-directory.

  3. #3
    But if I modify a file in my home directory, will it take effect? I thought all the files in the home directory were copied from /etc/skel by a script during the boot...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by alberto.orlandini
    But if I modify a file in my home directory, will it take effect? I thought all the files in the home directory were copied from /etc/skel by a script during the boot...
    Yes, something like that. I don't know the specifics as I havn't done any remastering for some time.

    Knoppix 4.0.2 CD seems to have file /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc, so perhaps that is the file you want.

Similar Threads

  1. KDE Panel
    By Ikki in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2006, 10:51 PM
  2. How Do I Get KDE 3.3 Panel Icon Behavior in 3.4?
    By bputney in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
  3. Panel Configuration
    By gadgerama in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
  4. How do I remove the panel icons???
    By oganika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 10:45 AM
  5. Now what have I done? Lost KDE panel (sort of)
    By rusty in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99