-
Screen size problem. 4.0.2. with a dell i386 pc.
Currently my screensize for knoppix is 640x480, and i would like to change it to 1024 x 768. I went into "configure desktop" and then to display. the only option it gives me is 640x480. I don't know if there is something I must do differently during the startup, or if I'm just doing something wrong. I tried using the cheatcode "knoppix screen=1024x768" and it starts to load up, but right after that it says "you passed an undefined mode number. press <return> to see video modes or press <space> to continue or wait 30 seconds". When i press enter, it gives me all these numbers like 80*25, and 80*40. I usually press SPACE because they only would change the text size for the loading process. I am currently using knoppix 4.0.2. if i can't get this fixed, i'll just forget it and get knoppix 5
And heres another one problem, sound doesn't work. I tried playing several mp3 files and it seems to be playing fine but the sound just doesn't make it to the speakers. Video files don't work as well. It seems i can't save, delete any files on my harddrive at all!
Similar Threads
-
By candtalan in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 08:57 AM
-
By Meteora184 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
-
By bwathen in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
-
By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
-
By Jefff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99