-
Sudo knoppix-installer 5.01
Those of you that wish to install 5.01 and cannot create a root password might be interested in this procedure. I installed the default "debian-like" distribution. No matter how hard I tried, I could not create a root password because I was not listed in the "sudoers" file. I could not edit the file with "visudo" because I wasn't root. Catch 22. I guess I could have hacked the "/etc/shadow" file, but that is beyond me.
When you do the install, do not pick the default "debian installation", but the one below it, the "beginner install". Everything is normal then.
Art
Similar Threads
-
By teddymills in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
-
By thewolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 10:25 AM
-
By skara69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By jodef in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-19-2004, 01:57 AM
-
By ian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine
$800.00

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Trucozie Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Self-Standing Lightweight Stick Vacuum New Ope
$89.00