When starting commands from console, you can use LC_ALL to set the language.
I just tested this, and this works for me.Code:knoppix@1[knoppix]$ LC_ALL=de sudo krusader knoppix@1[knoppix]$ LC_ALL=en sudo krusader
Installed Knoppix501 in English with
# knoppix keyboard=es
but I don't think I included a specific lang=en. Would that cause apps started
by the root user to be in German? Everything else is in English.
The actual offender is Krusader when I try to run as root. Yes, I know but it is
very handy. mc does fine but the editor is almost impossible to read.
Installed Xfce and mostly going very well.
I'm struggling because it's been many years since my German classes at the university.
40 years ago the classes were reading and writing oriented but I've forgotten a lot.
Thanks for any pointers.
When starting commands from console, you can use LC_ALL to set the language.
I just tested this, and this works for me.Code:knoppix@1[knoppix]$ LC_ALL=de sudo krusader knoppix@1[knoppix]$ LC_ALL=en sudo krusader
Thanks, I'll make a note of that.
Today, after reinstalling, just to see but it still did the same thing.
Finished configuring fstab; adding in my partitions for opt, usr/local, home, test, and win_d;
and installed a few of the apps that I needed. And all of a sudden after restarting X,
now it works as expected. Not really sure what caused it or what fixed it.
Thanks for your tip. It may come in handy in the future.
regards,
Richard.

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00
Vintage Macintosh Compuserve Version 1 Membership Kit PC Magazine Mac New Sealed
$999.99
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99