Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AMD 64... compatible or not?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18

    AMD 64... compatible or not?

    I wanted to upgrade my home PC to an amd 64 processor, I was wondering if knoppix 3.4 or 3.6 will support this cpu and if it will make full use of its 64 bit power ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18
    I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Curently I think knoppix will run on 64 bit CPUs but can't use all 64 bits.

    If you go to the news section, there is a remaster that can.

    (I may be wrong, the remaster may be the only one that can run.)

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have run Knoppix 3.6 on as single Opteron 242 and even dual 242s. It ran perfectly fine & without any issues. It will not however run in 64 bit mode unless I were to remaster a new knoppix CD with a 64 compiled kernel & 64 bit compiled libraries.

    I hope this helps.
    James

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    da UP
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfasterr
    I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?
    Just saw your post. I am running an AMD 64 3000 and it along with 768 MB
    Kingston 3200 HyperX makes Knoppix fly. I do have a few issues but I can't say they are AMD 64 related. No reason not to go AMD price/performance/compatibilty......Intel is sucking AMD's dust.

    Quip Frok

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix64

    When its out, it will be here first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD

Similar Threads

  1. Autoconfig/sndconfig cant find compatible soundcard
    By Schopenhauer101 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. XPDE and knoppix, compatible?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
  3. Linux-Compatible Modem
    By Kowood in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. Linux (knoppix) Compatible Modems??
    By knopbill in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC  picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC

$1299.00