It won't boot if I don't. I don't want to skip detection of other stuff, if possible. Only network cards. TIA
It won't boot if I don't. I don't want to skip detection of other stuff, if possible. Only network cards. TIA
Do you really need to skip detection of the network interfaces, or just skip the DHCP network configuration? Will knoppix nodhcp solve your problem?
No, it didn't help. I didn't figure it was the problem anyhow, since it detects the onboard LAN as eth0 and it times out properly, but eth1 (the wireless) doesn't even get that far -- it seems to have a problem with the driver (see another post by CJWertz recently). It's a RALINK 2500 chipset and it doesn't appear to be supported, at least not properly. The drivers provided by RALINK are dated and apparently buggy. There is a project that is updating them and ironing out the bugs, but in either case it would appear that I have to compile them myself, and honestly I don't have the patience to compile drivers (I'd have to install another copy of linux for that somewhere, wouldn't I?) and figure out how to insert them into the ISO image, etc.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99