Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 5.0.1

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 5.0.1

    I just downloaded and burned Knoppix 5.0.1 on CD. When I try to boot through CD, seemingly the system does not recongnise the CD at all. I tried this with a Desktop and a Toshiba Laptop. Did I burn it incorrectly? The CD has only the .iso file on it. I am new to open source, kindly help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2
    Got it! Thank You! New person blues!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58

    Knoppix 5.0.1 & FUSE

    This is related to the Knoppix 5.0.1 & DVD. When I download anything I check the MD5's sometimes more than one value ( SHA...) However both these downloads check properly. When I am experiencing is that Fuse refuses to mount the /dev/hda1. The error I get is: not a directory or file can not mount /dev/hda1 unmounting /dev/hda1. Now note these were 32 bit systems, my HP ze4500 laptop and the HP pavillion 773n. The same error on both. Then a friend suggested I try the 64 bit machine, a HP Pavillion A1030e, Guess what, it worked! I tried it on a file I didn't care about after backing up everything and it seems to do what it is supposed to do.
    When I googled the problem I found something that makes me think that FUSE has to be mounted seperate from everything else, like mounting a dev. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. The HD on the 64 bit is a SATA drive. I also have an EIDE on the machine but I have to disconnect the SATA to see the IDE & vice versa. I'm still researching that mess. I know what my next machine will not be... Thanks in advance to any who can assist. I was so looking forward to the 5.0.1 DVD and the hope of FUSE.

    I Remain ~ In service & In Health,
    Captain Cautious

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server picture

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server

$109.99



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49



ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version picture

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version

$136.01



Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay picture

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay

$500.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99