Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Using Wine with windows folders that have spaces

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    10

    Using Wine with windows folders that have spaces

    I'm trying to test out some programs to see if they'll work for me in Knoppix, I'm an uber Linux n00b so go easy on me.

    anyway, my problem is I type in wine photoshop.exe to the konsole and it doesn't work, says

    wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\photoshop.exe": Module not found

    So, I figured I needed to tell it where it was, so I've tried all the variations I can think of but nothing. The full windows path to the file is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\photoshop.exe So what format do I use to tell it where it is in Knoppix?

    Also, can I create shortcuts on my desktop so I don't gotta type all of this stuff in?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Put double quotes around the windows path. Alternatively you can just double quote that portion of the path that contains spaces.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    110
    You might try a single backslash to 'escape' the space (i.e. make it a special character.)

Similar Threads

  1. Sharing Folders to a Windows LAN machine
    By dprobert in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
  2. Wine is Divine for Windows Stuff. But what about DOS?
    By mattrock1988 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 01:01 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 01:59 PM
  4. Spaces in passwords (make permanent /home image)
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
  5. Command Line Basics - When to Use Spaces???
    By whiteowl in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot of 24 InnoDisk 8GB DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 192GB M4RS-8GSQEC0J-EB260 picture

Lot of 24 InnoDisk 8GB DDR4 2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM 192GB M4RS-8GSQEC0J-EB260

$720.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00