Quote Originally Posted by rbarch
I would imagine that it was burned correctly.
I would not make that assumption. While there might be some other issue, most or all people selling Linux software to make a profit who burn individual copies to writeable media (as opposed to those who have runs "pressed"), burn at a high speed. We repeatedly see here that high speed burns cause booting problems on many systems( and sometimes slow operation problems later). Let me know if you want links to prove this.

With the information linked to above did you actually get a good CD made and does it boot OK for you? Does the DVD boot to the Knoppix boot prompt? If the answer to both of these is true then I think it is extremely likely that if your system can boot the CD you made that it should also be able to boot the DVD, and failure to do so is very likely due to a bigh speed burn.

By the way, I always recommend against buying a copy of Knoppix for this reason.