-
Read Write Permissions for HDs from Live CD
O.K. I've read the FAQ and every related post that i could find and am still having trouble writing to my hard drive.
I've tried several approaches from the desktop and/or command line and here's the best i can come up with.
If I place the cursor over the icon I see;
"Permissions: -rw-rw-rw", which I take to be read write permissions for owner, group and others.
Also, i see correct device and nount points.
"File System: auto" i'm not sure what to make of this, the HD is FAT 32.
and
"Writable: Yes"
And yet I cannot write to it.
If I right click on the HD icon and bring up the "Properties" dialog I get all the right answers there too; "Read only" unchecked under 'Device', "Can read and Write" for owner group and other under 'Permissions' and the 'Advanced permissions' shows read and write for all three cases as well.
If, however, I try dragging a file to the disk icon and select 'Copy Here' I get "Access denied'.
Also, if i right click on any of the HD drive directories,from within "Konqueror", and bring up the "propeerties" dialog it is clear that I do not have the same permisions previousely indicated nor am I allowed to alter them via the dialog box.
I've spared you the details of my command line experiences because the disparity between the 'icon' and 'directory' indicated permissions says it all, as near as I can tell.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I will be very gratefull for any assistance offered,
dave
Similar Threads
-
By neorej in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
-
By Vermilion Sparrow in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 11:50 PM
-
By HDRW-Smee in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-13-2007, 07:35 PM
-
By Conchial in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 06:24 PM
-
By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.98

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99