Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: xcdroast, su file manager time out

  1. #1

    xcdroast, su file manager time out

    I have Knoppix on HD and have run apt-get successfull. I really like the build and have woody and Redhat 8 on oyher partitions.
    1. My xcdroast and Super User FIle Manager will not startup. They just time out, I can't see anyting with top while the time out is in progress. Any ideas?
    2. I would like to have more than the three screen resolution that are default. How to add higher resolution screens?
    Thanks for the great work.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    Ditto

    what he said

  3. #3

    xcdroast & su file manager

    I found that logging in as root and not as user enabled xcdroast and su file manger. However, xcdroast doesn't detect my cd writer but other Linux versions do. The message from xcdroast was that xcdroast was looking for scsi-emulation in the kernel and didn't find it. I think I read that scsi-emulation was not included in Knoppix. There must be a work a round for this I hope?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  2. Source manager
    By firebyrd10 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:44 AM
  3. rpm manager
    By alphaepsilonlamda in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. xCDRoast slow - what/how can I turn off services?
    By bilzer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. Device manager?
    By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX picture

Vintage THE HOME MANAGER Atari 400,800/XL/XE on Disk NEW IN SEALED BOX

$850.00



VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13

VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ

$121.83



3Dfx Voodoo3 3500 AGP TV Cable Only Part No 220-0100-001 (RARE - Vintage 1999) picture

3Dfx Voodoo3 3500 AGP TV Cable Only Part No 220-0100-001 (RARE - Vintage 1999)

$99.97



Vintage Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V Intel 486 DX2 66MHz Desktop retro PC Computer Work picture

Vintage Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V Intel 486 DX2 66MHz Desktop retro PC Computer Work

$299.99



Vintage WMC Microwave / RF Circuit Board picture

Vintage WMC Microwave / RF Circuit Board

$95.00



ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working picture

ISA Video Card, Tseng Labs ET4000AX, 1MB (8931 REV B) Vintage, Working

$74.99



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5

Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992

$65.00