Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: xcdroast, su file manager time out

  1. #1

    xcdroast, su file manager time out

    I have Knoppix on HD and have run apt-get successfull. I really like the build and have woody and Redhat 8 on oyher partitions.
    1. My xcdroast and Super User FIle Manager will not startup. They just time out, I can't see anyting with top while the time out is in progress. Any ideas?
    2. I would like to have more than the three screen resolution that are default. How to add higher resolution screens?
    Thanks for the great work.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    Ditto

    what he said

  3. #3

    xcdroast & su file manager

    I found that logging in as root and not as user enabled xcdroast and su file manger. However, xcdroast doesn't detect my cd writer but other Linux versions do. The message from xcdroast was that xcdroast was looking for scsi-emulation in the kernel and didn't find it. I think I read that scsi-emulation was not included in Knoppix. There must be a work a round for this I hope?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  2. Source manager
    By firebyrd10 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:44 AM
  3. rpm manager
    By alphaepsilonlamda in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. xCDRoast slow - what/how can I turn off services?
    By bilzer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. Device manager?
    By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested picture

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested

$499.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99