-
5.0.1 usb-storage problem.
Hi,
I am using a HD install of 5.0.1 and am having difficulty with usb-storage when I attach my KonicaMinolta 7d to an usb port. The camera is detected and a hard disk icon appears on the screen indicating sda. When I try to mount the device, the mount fails with an error indicating all sorts of possibilities including wrong options. I look in /etc/fstab and see that the following line has been added:
/dev/sda /media/sda vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,shortname=winnt,uid=kn oppix,gid=knoppix 0 0
The uid and gid seem strange to me so I edited the line leaving instead:
/dev/sda /media/sda vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000,shortname=winnt 0 0
and I can then mount the device /dev/sda and get access to my photos. I really hope that I don't have to manually change fstab every time I want access to my camera. Incidently, it all works fine when I boot from the CD.
I haven't found the code which causes the line to be added to /etc/fstab. I was looking for a shell script that does the trick. The closest code I can find is /usr/share/knoppix-installer/templates/etc/hotplug/usb/usb-storage but I don't see how that is called. Apparently, /lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.ko
is executed.
Is there a reasonable way to correct the situation? Is there something tricky like moving the script from /usr/share/knoppix-installer to a different place?
By the way, I have read many of the injunctions against using a Knoppix hard disk install.
Thanks in Advance,
Don
Similar Threads
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 07-29-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-23-2005, 05:08 PM
-
By tommy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 07:37 AM
-
By hadrien001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 07:30 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99