-
Junior Member
registered user
kmix chews up 99% of CPU time (5.0.1 CD)
Hi,
If I boot the 5.0.1 CD with a Logitech USB webcam plugged in (specifically, the Logitech QuickCam For Notebooks Pro) and then unplug it during the session, kmix starts taking up 99+% of the CPU time.
This webcam has a built-in USB mic, although during boot Knoppix reports that it is an unknown device (046d:08b1).
This doesn't happen if the webcam is plugged in after boot.
Can anyone in the know suggest a fix for this? I am creating a CD for non-techie people, and I don't want to restrict them to plugging in the webcam after the system is booted.
Thanks.
Jim
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: kmix chews up 99% of CPU time (5.0.1 CD)

Originally Posted by
zsd
... and then unplug it during the session, ..... I am creating a CD for non-techie people, and I don't want to restrict them to plugging in the webcam after the system is booted.
Granted the problem should not be happening and you don't want to tell the non-techie people to plug in the web cam after booting, but should they be unplugging the web cam either? It sounds like the problem doesn't happen if they just leave the web cam alone. Hope you find a fix though.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: kmix chews up 99% of CPU time (5.0.1 CD)

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
zsd
... and then unplug it during the session, ..... I am creating a CD for non-techie people, and I don't want to restrict them to plugging in the webcam after the system is booted.
Granted the problem should not be happening and you don't want to tell the non-techie people to plug in the web cam after booting, but should they be unplugging the web cam either? It sounds like the problem doesn't happen if they just leave the web cam alone. Hope you find a fix though.
Harry,
good thought, but... I was asked (by users of my software) how people could save their files, and I thought a USB storage device would be ideal. Since many (most?) laptops have only 2 USB ports, they will have to unplug something to stick in a USB drive when they are done for the day. I guess if writing on NTFS was perfectly safe I wouldn't have this issue, although it is also possible someone is using the CD on someone else's computer and might like to have all their files on a USB drive anyway.
Similar Threads
-
By XavierGr in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2005, 09:59 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:03 PM
-
By poweribo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:07 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Blade Server Chassis System Board for ProLiant BL460c Gen9 P03377-001 740039-005
$119.95

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Sealed HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 2x E5-2699v3 384GB 2x300GB 15K SAS 727021-B21
$2499.95

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99