-
rc.local and symlinks
I just did a hd install on a knoppix 3.1 custom cd, and after I rebooted to hd my rc.local did not load. The symlinks in the /etc/rcX.d directories to /etc/init.d/rc.local where not there, I had to put them back by hand.
Is this a known bug? Has it been fixed in the latest version?
Thanks,
- Ambrose
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: rc.local and symlinks

Originally Posted by
Ambrose
I just did a hd install on a knoppix 3.1 custom cd, and after I rebooted to hd my rc.local did not load. The symlinks in the /etc/rcX.d directories to /etc/init.d/rc.local where not there, I had to put them back by hand.
Is this a known bug? Has it been fixed in the latest version?
Thanks,
- Ambrose
A "custom" cd? What exactly does that mean- one that someone remastered? I have had no such issues and have installed several Knoppix releases somewhere around 25 times.
-
Yes, hdinstall on a remastered knoppix disk.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Perhaps the remaster wasn't so masterfully done so to speak? Doesn't that almost have to be the case if the originals all work just fine? I have no idea what could have went wrong during the remaster to cause that but you might submit to the mailing list and perhaps those smart fellas could provide some insight.
Similar Threads
-
By als in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
-
By tonycooles in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-19-2004, 01:04 AM
-
By jhnphm in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 08:05 AM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:43 AM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ
$350.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95