-
Can't acess XP partitions or floppy after HD install!
I seem to have posted this message to the wrong thread, so I am reposting it here!
Can't acess XP partitions or floppy after HD install!
I have sucessfully installed Knoppix 5.01 as Debian - like system but I have experienced some problems:
1. Can't mount XP partitions
2. Can't mount floppy
3. Can't make Linux partition writable
3. Can't wfite to USB drive (it does let me read it, though)
4. Can't change boot order (I would still like to have my XP as default system)
I have previously installed v3.4 the same way, and it worked fine! I have decided to switch to 5.01 beacuse of the viedo card support (I could't install nvidia drivers under 3.4)
I have installed it as a 'beginer - instalation': same results!
I have installed 'knoppix - instalation' which gives me read acess to HD's but ti keeps starting without DMA and I have distinct feeling that it is not the right thing Wink
So, I know that I have asked a lot of questions for the first message, but I have the feeling that amswer would be same for all... So, please halp!
Similar Threads
-
By b0guinet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-12-2008, 03:27 AM
-
By stevesr0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
-
By speedy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2003, 02:35 AM
-
By wfharvey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT
$50.00

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included
$67.00

Vintage Main Street Software Filer Macintosh User Manual Binder w Floppy UNTESED
$54.99

Micro Lab The Data Factory Data Base Vintage Floppy Disks SEALED Manual UNTESTED
$69.99

Vintage CD ROM Case Holder 20x Storage Adjustable Divider With Key
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW
$29.99

Vintage Sanyo CDR-H94SMV Internal SCSI CD-ROM Drive
$44.50