-
blank screen
I recently got knoppix, and put it on a regular CD-RW. I put it in the disk drive and restarted the computer. woohoo, everything's great. things are thinking, the BIOS is going at it, and then it asks me to tell it a resolution of sorts. so I tell it the one I think sounds best, which is like 80x60 I think. anyways, Knoppix thinks 80x60 is great, so he goes on and eventually I just get a black screen. so I figure it's just thinking for a minute, so I wait... and wait... and then I turned off the computer and let my little brother play back on Winblows.
any suggestions?
I have a windows ME (yeah I know, don't make fun of me.), 1.0 GHz (yeah I know, don't make fun of me lol) 256 MB SDRAM (yeah I know, don't make fun of me!). any other stats I can figure out (I don't remember off the top of my head cause I'm at school as I post this).
help please?
thank you in advance for any help
-theagemaway
Similar Threads
-
By famousnation in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2006, 05:05 AM
-
By nuB71705 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By Fish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By slime101 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 01:33 AM
-
By gavin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 4MB RAM Expansion Module SMT 4MB21/254A013665 Board 120254 REV A Toshiba
$100.00

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99

Apple iic A2S4000 vintage computer
$200.00

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$86.99

Vintage JME JKB-6151B Click Mechanical Wired Computer Keyboard - PS2 - Tilt Feet
$190.00

Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing
$96.00

Intel Pentium 90, SX968, A80502-90 , vintage CPU, GOLD
$26.58

Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Controller Card PCB 140P11849 Expansion Circuit Board.
$145.00

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99