-
Knoppix hdd install doesnt work!!!
I new to Linux and i want to switch completely to it. I did an knoppix hd install and did everything that it requiered. 5GB partition and soforth. At the end it said instalation complete and now it cant boot the OS after the bios has done its part. It recognizes the Mbr but thats it! What did i do wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You'll have to be much more specific about what you did.
What can see the mbr?
Do you get any error messages?
Have you re-set the bios to boot from the first hard drive?
It's likely to be a grub or lilo error, but there are no easy to use tools in Knoppix to re-write Lilo or Grub.
For this reason (and several more), I'd suggest that you try a HD install of Kanotix which is -- more or less -- a Knoppix optimised for HD install.
-
I have the same problem, I tried the Debian and Knoppix installs and everytime I'm done and reboot all I get is a GRUB prompt, but cant type anything.
This is on a spare PC so all that is on it is Knoppix ATM
Similar Threads
-
By Chris2222 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
-
By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 01:54 AM
-
By emperor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 11:06 AM
-
By sweeper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49