Hi all.
I've just burned the latest version on Knoppix (5.0.1) down to a CD. I put it in my laptop and restart. everything is fine.
I write:
knoppix lang=da ide2=0x180 nopcmcia
because that is what I always do. but when it boots, it freezes after a while.
....
USB found, managed by udev
Firewire found, managed by udev
Starting udev hot-plug hardware detection...
5 seconds passes by, and then it freezes, so I have to restart my laptop.
the weird thing is, that it works perfectly with version 3.8...
what am i supposed to do?
It is a custom laptop, so i can't really give you the exact hardware details.
I NEED to use the USB, so i can't just turn that off.
thanks![]()

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87