Hi all.
I've just burned the latest version on Knoppix (5.0.1) down to a CD. I put it in my laptop and restart. everything is fine.
I write:
knoppix lang=da ide2=0x180 nopcmcia
because that is what I always do. but when it boots, it freezes after a while.
....
USB found, managed by udev
Firewire found, managed by udev
Starting udev hot-plug hardware detection...
5 seconds passes by, and then it freezes, so I have to restart my laptop.
the weird thing is, that it works perfectly with version 3.8...
what am i supposed to do?
It is a custom laptop, so i can't really give you the exact hardware details.
I NEED to use the USB, so i can't just turn that off.
thanks![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00