Hi all.
I've just burned the latest version on Knoppix (5.0.1) down to a CD. I put it in my laptop and restart. everything is fine.
I write:
knoppix lang=da ide2=0x180 nopcmcia
because that is what I always do. but when it boots, it freezes after a while.
....
USB found, managed by udev
Firewire found, managed by udev
Starting udev hot-plug hardware detection...
5 seconds passes by, and then it freezes, so I have to restart my laptop.
the weird thing is, that it works perfectly with version 3.8...
what am i supposed to do?
It is a custom laptop, so i can't really give you the exact hardware details.
I NEED to use the USB, so i can't just turn that off.
thanks![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
ULTIMATE ARCH LINUX BOOTABLE USB/DVD INSTALLER 64-BIT - CHOOSE BUILD - PC/MAC
$4.49
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max Router - 5x 2.5GbE - IDS/IPS 2.3 Gbps - UXG-Max
$180.00
Turbolinux Server and Workstation, Red Hat, Maximum Linux LOT 13 CDs
$40.00
PARDUS LINUX OS | LATEST ISO | DVD, USB | AMD64 | 64-BIT | GNOME | XFCE | SERVER
$4.49
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 16-Core Perpetual License | Factory Sealed
$724.63
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99